INDEX LIST for Mainstream News and Internet Broadcasts
I encourage all Enewetak Atoll Atomic Cleanup Veterans and anyone else interested in the 1977-1980 mission to share our website with your friends and family.
Please bookmark your favorite web pages and article posts.
Subscribe now to get email updates to our website.
Several Index Pages are available to help you find information on our website an easy way to find what you are looking for.
The information you find on our website can either give you either a snapshot view or a detailed understanding of what you want to learn about our mission.
It all depends on how much time and interest you have in a bunch of guys who cleaned up after 43 atomic bomb tests at Enewetak Atoll in the Marshall Islands.
Here is the INDEX LIST for Mainstream News and Internet Broadcasts:
- Public Relations
- How You Can Help
- Take Action!
- Mainstream News and Internet Broadcasts (article posts pending)
- 05/26/2017 WLBZ2 – Maine soldier gets much-deserved recognition years after service
- 05/20/2017 Operation Stand Together – Daniel Sullivan Speech
- 05/20/2017 Operation Stand Together – Harry Daniel Speech
- 04/07/2017 Pacific Daily News – Veterans share frustrations at hearing on Agent Orange, radiation resolutions
- 03/29/2017 Pacific Daily News – Resolutions support inclusion in bills dealing with Guam contamination
- 03/17/2017 WFRV – Hometown Hero: John Baenen – Green Bay man fights with others for atomic veterans status for atoll clean up
- 03/08/2017 The Brunswick News – Army vet part of nuclear cleanup
- 02/23/2017 KUAM News – Senator Terlaje fighting for Agent Orange victims
- 02/06/2017 My Central Oregon – Wyden, Merkley Co-Sponsor Bill to Bring “Atomic Cleanup Veterans” The Health Care They Need
- 02/03/2017 Brainerd Dispatch – Franken introduces bill to help nuclear cleanup veterans
- 01/31/2017 San Antonio Express News – Troops who cleaned up radiation denied care; After work on atoll, hundreds plagued by health problems, including cancer
- 01/30/2017 Twice Risen Sun – The Glow By Nighters
- 01/28/2017 The Seattle Times – Vets are left to pay high price for U.S. nuclear tests
- 01/28/2017 New York Times – Troops Who Cleaned Up Radioactive Islands Can’t Get Medical Care
- 01/28/2017 Alaska Dispatch News – Veterans pay the cost for U.S. nuclear tests
- 01/03/2017 Bucannan Report – Our guest will be Harry Daniels. Harry was one of the veterans that was involved in the Atomic Cleanup of Enewetak Atoll
- 12/30/2016 ABC Newspapers – Veteran receives medal for nuclear clean-up efforts
- 11/11/2016 Reveal News – Atomic veterans continue push for recognition and compensation
- 08/25/2016 Martitime Logistics – Enewetak Atoll
- 07/17/2016 The Oregonian | OregonLive – Atomic veterans battle against illnesses and for recognition
- 06/07/2016 Smithsonian – Marshall Islands are Becoming Less Nuclear
- 06/07/2016 Daily Mail UK – Bikini Atoll is STILL uninhabitable: Radiation on island exceeds safety standards nearly 60 years after nuclear tests
- 06/02/2016 Miltary Times – We were guinea pigs: Documentary puts Atomic Veterans in limelight
- 05/27/2016 Reveal News – America’s atomic vets: ‘We were used as guinea pigs – every one of us’
- 05/24/2016 Bucannan Report – Gary Pulis and Paul Laird Re: Enewetak Atoll Clean-up Project
- 04/18/2016 American Legion Video – Put an end to the wait
- 04/05/2016 FoxNews – Stricken vets who cleaned up 1950’s nuke test sites seek help from lawmakers
- 04/03/2016 Military Times – Veterans Facing Cancer Hope That ‘Atomic Veteran’ Bill Becomes Law
- 04/03/2016 Bangdor Daily News, Maine – Maine veterans facing cancer hoping that ‘atomic veteran’ bill becomes law
- 03/09/2016 KREM2 – Lawmakers fight for aspiring Atomic Veterans
- 03/02/2016 KREM2 – Post Falls man wants to be ‘Atomic Veteran’
- 03/00/2016 American Legion Magazine – Invisible Bullets
- 02/24/2016 American Legion Video – Legion Commander addresses Washington Conference attendees
- 02/19/2016 American Legion Video – Toxic Paradise – Enewetak Atoll cleanup project veterans
- 01/06/2016 Honolulu Civil Beat – Nuclear Victims: Will We Help Vets Who Cleaned Up After Atomic Blasts?
- 11/27/2015 The Washington Post – A ground zero forgotten
- 11/11/2015 TheTimes-Tribune Scranton PA – CHRIS KELLY: An Atomic Age wound is left to atrophy
- 11/11/2015 Local21News Harrisburg PA – http://bit.ly/WHP21CBS (removed)
- 09/16/2015 Lagniappe Mobile Alabama – COVER STORY: Local veteran organizes service members affected by nuclear cleanup
- 08/15/2015 KITV 4 News Hawaii http://bit.ly/1NaDXAQ (removed)
- 08/14/2015 Radio New Zeland – No leaks from Marshalls nuke dome
- 07/18/2015 World Bulletin – Runit Dome in Pacific leaking radioactive waste
- 07/07/2015 News.com.au – Deadly dome of gorgeous Pacific island leaking radioactive waste
- 07/03/2015 The Guardian – This dome in the Pacific houses tons of radioactive waste – and it’s leaking
- 05/30/2015 The Washington Times – Veteran links health issues to Marshall Islands radiation
- 05/25/2015 KHON2 – Forgotten Heroes: Service members left out after cleaning America’s atomic waste
- 05/24/2015 The Journal Gazette – Stay in paradise costs Army vet
- 05/24/2015 The Huffington Post – ‘The Other Side of Memorial Day,’ or Dying in Paradise
- 04/24/2015 The Ground Truth Project – Stories from quarantine: Reporters tested for radiation in the Marshall Islands
- 04/13/2015 Military.com – Atomic Cleanup Vets Seek VA Recognition
- 04/10/2015 Ground Truth Project – No one’s drowning baby
- 04/09/2015 Bangdor Daily News, Maine – Maine politicians seek answers for veterans who cleaned up after nuclear testing
- 04/06/2015 Military.com http://goo.gl/KmU2pw (no longer available)
- 04/05/2015 Bangdor Daily News, Maine – Veterans battle VA for atomic designation (updated 9/3/2016)
- 04/02/2015 WCSH6 TV News – Atomic clean-up veterans asking for help 40 years later
- 03/24/2015 Sun Journal, Maine – http://goo.gl/a5Z8rd (pay to view)
- 03/24/2015 Stars and Stripes Magazine – ‘Atomic veteran’ seeks help 40 years after cleaning up nuclear test site
- 03/24/2015 Bangdor Daily News, Maine – Belfast veteran seeks help 40 years after cleaning up nuclear test site
- 12/03/2014 The New York Times – A Pacific Isle, Radioactive and Forgotten
- 08/01/2014 Newsweek – Marshall Islands Nuclear Lawsuit Reopens Old Wounds
- 06/25/2013 Atlas Obscuria – Cactus Dome: A Concrete Cap for a Nuclear Crater
- 06/01/2012 Counter Punch – Nuclear Savages
- 06/16/1980 Army Times – MORE THAN 3,000 ELIGIBLE – HSM Awarded for Eniwetok Cleanup
- 03/16/1980 CBS 60-Minutes – Remember Enewetak!
- 06/00/1979 Enlisted Times – Cancer Duty or Humanitarian Mission?
- 11/11/1978 Wild Kingdom – Shark Pack of Enewetak
- 07/00/1978 Airman Magazine – Recovering a Paradise Lost
- 00/00/1976 Defense Nuclear Agency – Enewetak Cleanup 1976 Defense Nuclear Agency; Pacific Atoll Nuclear Test Cleanup
- Article Archives (sub-index pending)
We urge our supporters to encourage their politicians to co-sponsor and support legislation which will include all Marshall Island Atomic Cleanup Veterans in the U.S. Government Veterans Administration’s definition of a veteran “who participated in radiation-risk activities during active service.”
Article written by Girard Frank Bolton, III. 1977-1979 participant with C Company and HHC S-3 (Operations) 84th Engineer Battalion (Combat Heavy) (Fwd) Enewetak Atoll, Marshall Islands.